SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization is all about optimizing a website for search engine ranking.
Search Engine contains three important functions :
- The Crawler or the spider : This part of a search engine is a simple robot that downloads pages of a website and crawls them for links and contents.
- The Indexer : This module stores all the pages crawled by the spider in a large database called the Index. Assume it as the index in a paper book, you will find a word and see which pages mention this word. The index is dynamic, it updates every time the crawler finds a new page or re-crawls the one already presented in the index.
- The Ranker (or search engine software) : This part interacts with user and asks for a search query. Then it sifts (sort) millions of indexed pages and finds all of them that are relevant to that query. The results will get sorted by relevance and finally are shown to a user.
Search engines such as Google, bing and Yahoo often update their relevancy algorithm many times in regular durations. When you see changes in your rankings it is due to an algorithmic update that does this.
There are two ways of optimization in SEO:
- On-Page Optimization – It includes providing good content, right keywords selection, putting right keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page, etc.
- Off-Page Optimization – It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting directories, social bookmarking, link exchange, etc.
Search Engine Optimization is used for:
- To Rank keywords or websites for certain keywords to get traffic from search engines.
- Providing good content and quality of traffic to a website from search engines.
- Cost effective marketing by analyzing how search algorithms work, and what human visitors might search.
- Achieving business goals & network relationship.
- You can keep track your website from anywhere whether you are at home or not.
After the completion of my bachelors degree from renowned university of India. I have gathered total experience of 2.5 Years from IT industry till date. I am a certified Salesforce Developer (Dev-401). Currently, I am associated with Aadi IT Services and working on various technologies. I love to share my knowledge with the world. So, I thought to become a part of Techsharepoint and expand the reach of my knowledge.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)