Google AdWords is the system to assist you for marketing your products or services in the Google Search Engine, and its affiliated sites, via the use of keywords that appears when people search for phrases or keywords related to your offering, this appears as a sponsored link. The system is a PPC (Pay per Click) system, this means you can analyze where your ad appears through bidding process for a series of phrases, but you only pay the amount you have bid for, if someone clicks on your ad or ads as a result of a web search, i.e. PPC (pay per click).
In other words, Google AdWords is Google’s advertising service in which advertisers pay for certain keywords in order for their clickable ads to appear in Google’s search results (SERPs).
The ad will appear on the page of results you decide you want to appear in. For example, “Page-A” of Google for a search result. The ad or ads will appear at the top and to the right of the organic search engine results. You can also decide for at what position on the page your ad will appear, through the amount you will pay or have already paid.
When choosing keywords for AdWords campaigns different matching options are available. The main keyword match options include the following:
- Wide Match: This reaches the most users by showing your ad whenever your keyword is searched for.
- Negative Match: This option prevents your ad from showing when a word or phrase you specify is searched for.
- Phrase/Keyword Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase or Keyword.
- Accurate Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase exclusively.
Benefits of using Google AdWords are listed below:
- The cost of Google AdWords is usually much lower than traditional forms of advertising.
- Google AdWords gives you control over your entire campaign.
- Google AdWords allows you to track the performance of your ads with a simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Google AdWords allows you to achieve customer conversions much faster than other forms of advertising firms.
- With Google AdWords you only pay when someone clicks on your Ad.
After the completion of my bachelors degree from renowned university of India. I have gathered total experience of 2.5 Years from IT industry till date. I am a certified Salesforce Developer (Dev-401). Currently, I am associated with Aadi IT Services and working on various technologies. I love to share my knowledge with the world. So, I thought to become a part of Techsharepoint and expand the reach of my knowledge.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)