There are many times when you found the icons of the application and shortcuts missing in the windows start menu and desktop. In this post we will discuss How to reset the Icons cache in windows to solve this missing icon problem in windows. To solve this issue you just have to do the following steps:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Escape to get the task manager.
- End the explorer task by selecting the Processes tab, click on explorer.exe and click End Process. You’ll get a confirmation dialog. Click “End Process” to confirm.
- Now go to File menu (still in the task manager), choose New Task (Run…).
- Enter the following command in the run box:cmd /c del %userprofile%AppDataLocalIconCache.db /a
- Now Open the Run box again with File –> New Task (Run…). This time, enter this command:explorer.exe
Open the Start Menu and confirm that your icons are fixed now. Hope you will like the post. Keep visting for new post.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)