The Apex data loader is a .net utility used for the bulk import or export of data. We can load any object that has API_Access. The data loader is not a Cloud-based tool rather it’s a desktop utility built for systems running on windows OS.
The operations you can perform by using Apex Data Loader are:
- Hard Delete
- Export All
Some features of Data Loader are:
- The Apex data loader is available in few editions which are Unlimited Edition (UE), Enterprise Edition (EE), and Developer Edition (DE).
- Apex Data Loader supports the CSV (Comma Separated Value) format to import and export of data.
- It is a useful tool to provide backup and archive your data.
- It also shows detailed success and error log files in CSV format.
- The Apex Data Loader also works on Command Line.
- The Apex Data Loader is an API-based tool used to Import & Export Salesforce data.
- We can import above 50,000 records using it and also schedule data loads.
- Salesforce Data can be Exported and Mass Deleted.
Unlike other features of Force.com, the Apex Data Loader is not entirely on Cloud. We need to physically download & install it on the machine to use. To get and Install the Apex Data Loader perform the following steps:
- Navigate to User name | Setup | Data Management | Data Loader.
- Download the Data Loader.
- Launch Install Shield Wizard and follow the instructions.
After the completion of my bachelors degree from renowned university of India. I have gathered total experience of 2.5 Years from IT industry till date. I am a certified Salesforce Developer (Dev-401). Currently, I am associated with Aadi IT Services and working on various technologies. I love to share my knowledge with the world. So, I thought to become a part of Techsharepoint and expand the reach of my knowledge.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)